Monday, August 11, 2014

Almost Home

I am here to report that in three days of meeting with church leaders and touring Leipzig, we did not get lost… oh no, no, wait for me to finish that sentence… we did not get lost all of ONE TIME. Even that may not count as it was our second attempt to find this church. Let’s just say that to a group who is used to cities that look mostly like a grid, Leipzig is pretty confusing. As international data packages are pretty expensive, we only used the phone’s GPS one time and otherwise relied on my printed directions. When those failed, we simply pulled down the window and asked for directions - yes, it was like the stone ages of the 90s… Alex, one of the Franks’ sons, finally downloaded an offline map app yesterday, so they should be better off the next few days. They got me to the airports like pros.

While the rest of the team is staying a few more days (each found different flights that worked best for them or had preferable rates), I started the long journey of 3 flights early this morning on my way home to see my family. I am posting this from the Washington, D. C. airport and I am ready to get back and hug Joel and my sweet little girls!

Thank you again for praying throughout this trip. We had a fantastic time, bonding as a team, catching the vision of churches, and assuring them of our continued desire to join them and their work when the Lord sends us. It was also a refreshing change of pace for me as a stay home Mom. Keep praying for all of us, as we reenter our routines and seek God’s next step towards our desire to join His work in Leipzig, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment