Thursday, August 7, 2014

Next Stop: Leipzig

My two days with my family are now in the past. As always, it’s a blessing to use these opportunities to see them. On Tuesday, I got a chance to see two of my friends whom I hadn’t seen in a long time. On Wednesday evening, my extended family came to visit. I hope to get some more up on Facebook when I get a chance.


I am writing this post on the train and while breaching almost the entire widths of this country in about five hours, I had two ladies sit next to me for a stretch of time. As I quickly got a chance to share why I am on the train and what our hopes are for ministering to young people in Leipzig, I have been very encouraged by the positive responses of both ladies. They expressed a need for young people to regain an interest in matters of faith and seemed to agree that initial ideas like camps and music would be avenues to reach young people.

Today, I am meeting the others in Leipzig and our meeting begin tomorrow through Sunday. We look forward to lots of relational time with church leaders and even the opportunity to attend a youth event on Sunday afternoon.

You can pray for us:
Pray for sleep: The Franks are only arriving on this side of the pond today and may well still deal with jet leg. I have personally had a hard time sleeping (not unusual for me) and am pretty tired. Pray for us all to have restful sleep and for God to cover the rest by giving us additional energy and brain power.
Pray for direction: Ask God to speak to our team members as we visit the different churches and seek to find a good fit for them to minister in a church in Leipzig. Again, it is not mandatory for them to make a decision for a specific German church home after this trip but it may help with fundraising and give them a head-start on relationship building with the church  leadership.
Pray for Joel and the kids: Keep praying for Joel who is home with our girls without me this week. Johanna was a little sick but seems to be feeling better already. We have not yet managed to Skype but would like that opportunity if possible.
Pray for focus: May God direct the purpose of the trip regardless of our desires or what we have in mind. Pray for me also as I shift from family time to now taking a lead during these meetings, translating, and getting us where we need to be.

Thank you for your loving prayer support.

No comments:

Post a Comment