Monday, January 28, 2013

Travel Plans

A woman in nursing scrubs, a slightly overweight man in khakis with some loose papers in his hands, and a man in a floor length black overcoat, black hat and pink scarf are on the elevator with me. One of them has already pressed floor "32" and must be going to the German Consulate just like me. Who is it?

If you guessed the man with the black hat and pink scarf you are correct! I played this little private game with myself this morning and won. Observing different cultural mannerisms is always fun and makes places like the Consulate or airports more interesting!     


The purpose of my visit was to apply for a new passport. Just this Friday, I remembered that my old one expired last fall and I was not prepared for our upcoming trip. Praise the Lord for giving me favor at the Consulate: the passport should arrive in time without a problem and the lady I spoke with agreed to email me the passport number as soon as she orders it, so that I can book our flights and seats properly and soon.

Our trip is planned for early March. We are going to spend one week in Leipzig to 1. give Jim and Lina, our new team mates, a chance to visit the city and various churches and 2. continue to network among the ministry leaders of the city. Dave Patty, the Josiah Venture President, may join us for a few days. We plan to travel with the whole family and have my parents meet us there to spend time with Eliana.

We are currently still in the beginning stages of planning this trip and would appreciate your prayers that God would make this time fruitful and helpful. There are several people we hope to meet with and other contacts we have not yet explored. Please, pray for favor as we schedule these visits. Pray also that my passport number would be sent to me soon to allow us to buy tickets before prices go up.

We are excited to make it over to Germany again and hope this trip will serve as an encouragement to both families. In our contact with the German church leaders, we sense their need for more youth workers and are eager to join them permanently. That is still our prayer for this year, and we would love to have you join us in this plea before the Lord! 

1 comment: